PetFlow is an online retailer that sells dog and cat food and has relationships with customers all over the country. Our values are simple - we believe in good foods and good deeds. We believe in cultivating a strong sense of compassion and karma by doing good deeds for pets across the country, and by providing pet parents with the best possible choices for their furry family members.
Our transparent company holds among its principal values being a great place to work, and we do this by being transparent with one another from the top down, setting and achieving our goals, providing a great experience for our customers, and by having a ton of fun doing it! Anyone that is brought on board is expected to believe in and be fully committed to embracing these values.
About the Role
PetFlow is seeking an experienced Merchandising Manager to lead our merchandising team in Las Vegas. Reporting to our General Manager, this person will own our product catalog, pricing strategy, category analytics, vendor relationships and work to create strategic wins across our assortment. You will be leading the Assistant Merchandising Manager, serving as a mentor to help grow and develop our talent while keeping our category and product assortment on the leading edge of the industry.
What we’re looking for...
- 4-5 years of relevant e-commerce experience in a managerial role, with Visual/Product Merchandising experience
- Strategic Thinker: you're always thinking about how events/factors affect strategic position, and adjusting approach accordingly
- Decision maker: you're able to make data-driven decisions when faced with complexity
- Strong written and oral communication skills with a personable, patient demeanor.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills: You are not fazed by varying and competing workflows, and have the ability to work through items in order of importance.
- Humble: You know when a problem is larger than you can handle and seek help.
- Data savvy: You love working with Excel and are comfortable pulling and analyzing large data sets.
- Analytical by nature: you are familiar with Google/web Analytics and can leverage data to spot trends or needs. You have been recognized for your attention to detail and analytical mindset.
- Problem solver: You love troubleshooting to find and resolve the root cause of any issue. You’re a master of Critical Thinking & Reverse Engineering
- A team player: You love working with people to accomplish a common goal.
- Experienced in CPG industry: You understand the vast product catalogs involved and the tight margins to maintain/maximize. You have experience working with large multinational organizations to achieve strategic goals.
- Manage Assistant Merchandising Manager, and two Merchandising Analysts and prioritize weekly workload.
- Own vendor relations strategy - Develop and maintain relationships with our brand partners to stay on top of innovation (new products) and sku rationalization.
- Schedule regular meetings with brands to keep finger on pulse of assortment (upcoming discontinues/conversions, new products, sourcing, promotions, and pricing).
- Hustle to on-board new brands that meet customer needs, serve new customers, and drive customer lifetime value or basket size
- Own the assortment strategy - understand industry trends & be the spokesperson for what we carry and why.
- Optimize brand and category assortments by uncovering gaps in product offering and removing unproductive sku sets.
- Coordinate with the sister company and parent company Merchandising departments to develop an offering that meets market demands and is in line with parent company initiatives.
- Analyze data regularly to inform merchandising strategy; Rate of Sale, Search Volume, Competitive Landscape, Ratings/Reviews, and more…
- Own digital merchandising strategy - Obsess over product performance, looking at customer interaction with the site on a daily basis.
- Ensure new products get visibility on the site.
- Use available tools to build and expand the basket.
- Increase conversion rate by ensuring we carry the products customers are looking for when they visit our site.
- Improve core KPIs - GMROI, search sessions conversion rate, keyword optimization (leverage trending keywords, Google Analytics, SEO).
- Own our pricing strategy - develop a comprehensive pricing strategy & discover pricing opportunities through competitive analysis. Find a balance between manufacturer pricing policies, competitor prices, and healthy margins.
- Develop recurring tests to determine revenue-maximizing prices. Collaborate with Assistant Merchandising Manager to execute price changes.
What You’ll Get
- A great environment! Ping-pong loving, foodie, and dog-friendly office in the Southwest Vegas valley
- Competitive pay
- Full time benefits plan, including medical/dental/vision/pet insurance and paid time off
- Full kitchen, Bagel Thursdays & team activities